Whether you are traveling alone or with your family for business or pleasure, the question remains how you travel to Frankfurt Oder. Here is some information that can make your arrival in Frankfurt Oder as easy as possible.
Frankfurt (Oder) has no airport. The international airport Berlin-Schoenefeld (IATA code: SXF) is only about an hour's drive away. Berlin Tegel Airport (IATA code: TXL) even more important than Schönefeld.
The 1 Bahnhof Frankfurt (Oder) is also the border station to the east. There are regional connections with Berlin, Cottbus via Guben and Eisenhüttenstadt, Posen, Zielona Góra, long-distance connections with Berlin and Warsaw. Most connections with German train stations require a change in Berlin.
- RE 1: Eisenhüttenstadt - Frankfurt (Oder) - Berlin - Potsdam - Brandenburg/Magdeburg
- RE 11: Cottbus – Frankfurt (Oder)
- RB 36: Frankfurt (Oder) - Beeskow - Wendisch-Rietz - Königs Wusterhausen - Berlin-Schoeneweide - Berlin Lichtenberg
- RB 60: Frankfurt (Oder) - Werbig - Wriezen - Bad Freienwalde - Eberswalde - Berlin-Lichtenberg
- Rzepin, 8 km away, is better connected to local and long-distance transport within Poland than Słubice.
Frankfurt is in the catchment area of the Transport Association Berlin-Brandenburg (VBB).
There is a regional bus network that includes the surrounding counties. The bus network is part of Transport association Berlin-Brandenburg. The bus station is in the city center directly opposite the train station on the station forecourt. Tram lines cross the square.
In the street
Frankfurt is via the federal autobahn A 12 (E30) to reach. This Autobahn comes from the direction of Berlin and continues (partially as an Autobahn) to Poznan and Warsaw.
There are two exits: 16 Frankfurt/Oder West and 17 Frankfurt (Oder) South.
The following federal highways also lead into the city:
- B 112: from Eisenhüttenstadt or Guben
- B 87: from Müllrose and Beeskow as well as from Cottbus and Peitz
- B 5: from Münchberg
- B 167: by Seelow
The Oder is navigable near Frankfurt. But there is no ferry connection.
Mit dem Fahrrad
- The city is located directly on the Oder-Neisse cycle path.
- Küstrin, 30 km away, has good connections to Berlin/Lichtenberg and Krzyż, with further connections within Poland.